Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Forever Royal


Wow... as I sit here almost 3 days after the final out, I still can't even come to reality with the fact that the Kansas City Royals are World Series Champions. Seriously, let that sink in. It's something that I've been waiting my entire life for but at points, never thought I'd see.

Last year we came close enough to taste it; this year, we're living it.

Right now, I'm feeling so many different emotions. The sting of the heartbreak from losing in Game 7 last year is finally going away.

The ride we've been on with this team is absolutely unbelievable...I can't even put it into words.
From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, we've seen it all from our Boys in Blue.

As I look back a few years, I can't remember how many times I would watch a game and think "Do they even care?" or "Why are they just quitting? Can't they do more?" I would pout in frustration because all I wanted them to do was care just a little more. I had hope, why didn't they? We'd get down a few runs and just quit. There was no fight.

Now, during the last two years, I've watched this team transform into a magical team. They NEVER give up, they NEVER stop fighting. They find a way to win when winning looks impossible.

There have been so many magical moments during the last two years; three of the best games I can ever remember in any sport in my entire life.
  • 2014 AL Wildcard Game
  • 2015 ALDS Game 4
  • 2015 World Series
Don't ask me to rank them because we all know that the World Series is the most important. 

I've been a Royals fan for as long as I can remember. I've never been a part of a world championship for any team that I've been a fan of. I guess when I was little I decided that I'd pick the underdog in every sport that I love. But guess what!! The Kansas City Royals are no longer the underdog, they're WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! 

It's been 30 years. I've been alive for 26. I don't want to wait another 30 years for a championship but the feeling I have right now could probably never be replicated. I'm a complete bag of emotions; it's almost overwhelming. It might seem silly but you put your heart into what you love. I love the Kansas City Royals. They're my team, win or lose.

I'll always be Forever Royal.

No comments:

Post a Comment